- 1 lb boneless round steak
Prep: 15 minCook: 10 min
- 1 lb charcoal chuck steaks, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 1 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 cups broccoli floret
- hot cooked rice, to taste
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Yesterday was my youngest son's birthday and as is the case in our home, each birthday kid gets to choose dinner and dessert. He chose Beef & Broccoli with Sushi Rolls (not real Sushi, very Americanized Sushi) I found this recipe in one of my old Taste of Home magazines and it is now a family favorite. It's so easy!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
These are probably my favorite cookies ever, I seriously have no self control when these cookies are in my house which is why I do not make them very often!
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter
1/2 cup plain or chunky peanut butter
4 Tbsp cocoa
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 tsp vanilla
Boil: sugar, milk, butter and cocoa for 1 1/2 minutes (start timing when mixture comes to a full boil). Remove from heat.
Add: peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
Drop by teaspoon (or however big you want them) onto waxed paper and let cool