Sometimes we can be so busy and we need an easy but filling meal. This is one of our favorites in our home. We often make it on Sundays so we can come home from church and have dinner ready.
We use our crockpot, 3 cans of spaghetti sauce and a bag of meatballs. We used just over half of this big bag (hey I have 3 boys..we eat a lot, haha). We throw everything in the crockpot and set it on low for about 3 hours. I like to use Traditional flavored and Italian Zesty and Spicy sauces.
I like to eat mine alone with mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top. The boys like them in sandwiches or over pasta. No matter how we eat it, we always leave the table nice and full.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Sunday, August 15, 2010
One of the things I love best about this recipe is that it is so easy and I always have the ingredients at my house. It doesn't take that long to make and it's a hit everywhere we go.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
* 3/4 cup butter
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 cups quick cooking oats
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1. Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, and oats. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Press half of mixture in to the bottom of a buttered 8 x 8 dish.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and blended. Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the crust, reserving a couple of spoonfuls to drizzle over the top.
3. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate and peanut butter, pressing gently to form a crust. Drizzle the remaining chocolate and peanut butter over the top of the bars.
4. Refrigerate for 3 hours before cutting and serving.