We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Zucchini Bread




This is my favorite Zucchini recipe.  I make lots of mini loaves and freeze them for my kids.  It's not the healthiest recipe but it's sure yummy!


Zucchini Bread
  • 3 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups of grated zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans or coat with cooking spray. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix thoroughly. Beat together, oil, eggs,white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add flour mixture to the creamy mixture and mix well. Gently add the zucchini and walnuts until well combined. Pour into greased bread pans and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife is inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for a few minutes moving to a rack. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment