We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Pear Jam



Pear Jam

Ingredients:

4 cups pears, peeled, cored and diced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 box or 6 tablespoons fruit pectin, (I use powered pectin)
4-5 cups of granulated sugar*
1/2 teaspoon butter

Steps

1. Prepare water bath canner, sterilize jars, lids and rings.

2.  Using a heavy 6-8 quart sauce pan add pears, lemon juice and pectin.  Add butter to reduce foaming.  Bring to a rolling boil.  Add sugar.  *if your pears are very ripe, you may need less sugar.  Bring to a rolling boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Skim any foam off.

3.  Pour into prepared jars, ensuring the rims are clean and place lids.  Process for 10 minutes and let rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment