We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Homemade Pedialyte

A friend of mine posted this recipe on her Facebook page and it reminded me that I used it when my boys were little. It was less expensive than buying a bottle of pedialyte that we wouldn't use all of. I always did have and still always have these items on hand.

Homemade Pedialyte

2-quarts water
1-teaspoon baking soda
7-teaspoons sugar (get those electrolytes up!)
1- (1/4 oz.) packet unsweetened kool-aid -OR- lemonade mix (any flavor)
1/2-teaspoon salt or salt substitute

Mix all together.
Store in fridge for NO more then 3 days. Can be made into ice cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment