We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites


Two of my three boys are wrestlers and are constantly watching what they eat. We are not in the "let's get serious" time of the season with state championships coming up. What tends to be a habit for many wrestlers is to watch their weight and what they consume all week only to fill themselves up with junk at the concession stand the day of the tournaments. This absolutely drove me crazy so I have been packing coolers (yes, more than one) and filling it with healthy snacks. I've been all over Pinterest looking for ideas and came across this one (be sure to click on the link and see the way more awesome picture on that blog entry!)

These we a hit with all the wrestlers who hovered over our table snacking away. I love when I control what goes into the food that my boys and their friends put into their bodies.

This was also super easy to make which is just an added bonus!


No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
  • 1 cup toasted coconut flakes (toasted it myself which impressed my boys...haha)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used the one I made, added bonus!)
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Method:

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Makes about 20-25 balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment