We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby Shower Ducky Bath Punch!

 A few months ago when one of my sweet friends told me she was expecting again, I was thrilled!  I just love her and her family.  For those who know me, know I'm not a fan of baby showers.  You can imagine my surprise when I was suddenly inspired to throw this friend a baby shower!  I didn't hesitate and recruited some of our mutual friends to help me with the planning (good thing I did otherwise who knows how this party would have turned out!)  Anyway, we figured out what we wanted as far as decorations and food and as we were looking through Pinterest for baby shower ideas, we came across this cute looking punch!!  We all agreed immediately that we had to serve this punch.  It was quite delicious and easy to make!

Adorable Ducky Bath Punch – The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it “bath bubbles”.

Ingredients
  • 1 packet blue, unsweetened Kool-Aid
  • 1 (2 liter) bottle Ginger Ale
  • 1 (64 oz) bottle White Grape Juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 scoops pineapple sherbet
  • 2-3 Rubber Duckies
Instructions
  1. Chill ginger ale and grape juice over night
  2. Remove sherbet from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving punch to soften
  3. In a large bowl, combine Kool-Aid packet, sugar and chilled juice. Stir to blend.
  4. Slowly add chilled ginger ale.
  5. Float 8 scoops of softened sherbet on top
  6. Add Rubber Duckies (don’t forget to wash before using)

No comments:

Post a Comment