We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Easy Jalapeno Jam

 A few weeks ago I had a fairly large amount of jalepenos that were quickly turning from green to red and needed to do something quick with them.  I had made jalepeno jam in the past but thought the process was too long and I have little patience for jams.  As I was venturing through Pinterest, I came across this recipe and saw how simple it was and decided to try again.  Not only was it so easy to do, but the jam is AMAZING!

*CAUTION* working with jalapenos can be dangerous.  Make sure you use rubber gloves when chopping.  I had so many jalapenos it was almost like I created my own gas chamber in my kitchen so make sure you are in a well-ventilated area.
Easy Jalapeno Jam
12 ounces jalapeno peppers, stems and seeds removed
1 cup apple cider vinegar
Blend together in blender or food processor until pureed.
Pour puree into a deep, stainless steel saucepan, and add...
1 cup apple cider vinegar
6 cups granulated sugar
Bring to a boil over high heat, boil 10 minutes.
Stir in 2 (3 oz.) pouches liquid pectin
Boil hard (full, rolling boil) for 1 minute.
Remove from heat, add a few drops of green food coloring (if desired, I did not and my jam is still beautiful!), quickly skim any foam off the top.
Ladle hot jam into hot, sterilized jars, leaving a half inch headspace. Tighten lids on to fingertip tightness and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from canner and allow to cool and seal.




My favorite way to eat jalapeno jam!  With cream cheese on a Triscuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment