We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies

I felt all sorts of creative taking this picture!
One of my guilty pleasures is reading People Magazine weekly.  They always have some type of recipe in there and I always admire them but rarely try them.  They had this recipe in there by Chef Kathleen King and it looked so yummy, I just had to try it out for a cookie exchange/surprise birthday party I attended last night.  These cookies were easy to make and quite tasty.  Daniel really liked the little crunch from the candy canes mixed with the chocolate.


Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons flour (I used all-purpose flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 lb (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon water
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint chips (I used candy canes I crushed in a food processor)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.  Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.  Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on high about 1 minute.  Beat in eggs, followed by vanilla and water.  On low speed, mix in flour just combined.  Mix in chips and crushed candy.

Using about 2 tablespoons per cookies, drop dough 3 inches apart.  Bake until cookies are golden brown...about 20 minutes.  Cool 5 minutes.  Transfer to rack; cook completely.  Repeat with remaining dough on cool sheets.

Makes about 42 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment