We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

 This is a favorite in our home.  When I end up with an abundance of overripe bananas, I will usually bake a few mini loaves of this recipe and freeze for the boys. 

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
* 1¾ c. + 2 Tbsp. unsifted flour
* 1½ c. granulated sugar
* ½ tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* ¾ tsp. salt
* 1 – 1 ½ c. mini chocolate chips (let's be real, if you are going to use chocolate chips, use the regular ones, I do!)
* 1 c. mashed overripe bananas
* 2 large eggs
* 1/3 c. buttermilk
* ½ c. vegetable oil
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350.

Grease and flour three mini loaf pans.

Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.

In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into flour ingredients and stir until combined.

Divide batter among loaf pans and bake for 33-35 minutes or until deeply golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment