We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Shrimp & Garlic Pasta

 Back when we were getting ready to move from Fort Knox, KY to Fort Hood, TX one of our friends from our church ward invited us to dinner at his house.  He fed us a fabulous meal that looked somewhat complex.  When I asked him for the recipe, I was amazed at how remarkably simple it was.

*Note, it's not really an exact science with this recipe, adjust as needed for the amount of people you are feeding.

Shrimp and Garlic Pasta

2 packages (one package serves about two people) - Creamy Garlic Shells (Knorr Italian Sides)  
Large or Jumbo - deveined, uncooked shrimp (about 6 per person)
*1/2 cup fresh cilantro
*1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes

Prepare garlic shells according to package.  While that is cooking, soak shrimp in warm water to thaw if frozen or simply rinse and drain.  Chop cilantro and tomatoes, set aside.

When shells are done cooking, put in microwave safe bowl, add shrimp, cilantro and tomatoes.  Cook in microwave for about 5 minutes, being careful to not overcook shrimp so they become rubbery.

*you can adjust the measurement of cilantro and tomatoes depending on how much you like of either.  I tend to add more tomato and less cilantro since I'm not a big cilantro fan.  I also usually use 4 packages of the shells for my family and maybe adjust the cilantro and tomatoes by 1/4 to 1/3 cup, not exactly doubling and the flavor is still there.

Serve with salad and garlic bread!  This meal takes about 30 minutes total to make and it is delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment