We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cookie Apple Cobbler

I love this simple recipe! It's a family favorite and so easy. I was introduced to this by my friend Heather who was my neighbor at Fort Riley. She made it for a party she had at her house and I was hooked! I love how simple it is and how yummy. You can certainly use whatever type of apple you want but I love the tartness and firmness of a Granny Smith. If you have a wonderful sugar cookie recipe you can use that or use refrigerated or even the package stuff. Seriously, whatever makes you happy! It all depends on my time and my mood as to what I use on any given day.


Cookie Apple Cobbler

6 cups apples (peeled, cored, sliced)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon All-spice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 package sugar cookie dough or your favorite sugar cookie recipe

Topping: 2 tablespoons sugar - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine apples with brown sugar, flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, all-spice and lemon juice. Place into baking dish. Spoon cookie dough over apple mixture.

Combing topping and sprinkle over cookie dough. Cook 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.

Serve alone or with ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! That looks amazing. We went apple picking last weekend and I'm still trying to use up my apples. I did apple butter, apple sauce, apple crisp and cream cheese apple bars. I am not tired of them yet!

    ReplyDelete