We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Homemade Granola Bars


My kids LOVE these and so does my husband. I often make them when he is headed off to some training so he can have something healthy to snack on.

The fun part of this recipe is that you can add whatever you want to them. Where it says 1/2 cup chocolate chips/peanut butter chips you can change it to whatever you want. My favorite to make are with craisins, flax seed and almond slivers. The boys love theirs with peanut butter or chocolate chips. So really whatever makes you happy!

Homemade Granola Bars

* 2 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips (can sub dried fruits for the chocolate and peanut butter chips, whatever makes you happy)
* 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup wheat germ
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 2 tsp vanilla extract

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.

Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well (it’s easiest to just use your hands). Pat the mixture out into the foil lined pan.

Bake for about 15-20 minutes if you want chewy granola bars or for 20-25 minutes for crunchy granola bars. When the edges start to brown, remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Use a pizza roller to slice into bars. Finish cooling completely before removing from the pan or they will break apart.

I am pretty sure I found this recipe online and I apologize I do not remember the site. I always try to give credit and I searched but I guess I never bookmarked the page for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment