We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No Bake Protein Bars


A friend of mine on FB shared this recipe and I thought I'd give it a try. My boys enjoy protein bars on occasion but I'm always hesitant to buy them because they can be pretty pricey. Now, some of the ingredients in this recipe are a bit pricey but it's all natural so at least I know what is in them when I make them. My family really enjoyed this recipe.

No Bake Protein Bars

Ingredients

  • 2 Cups Oats
  • 4 Scoops Protein Powder (we used French Vanilla flavored but I say be adventourous and try different flavors)
  • 2 Tbs Ground Flaxseed
  • 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Water
  • Optional: Almond Butter
  • Optional: Ground Pecans

Instructions

1) Mix dry ingredients together - Oats, Protein, Flaxseed
2) Mix in Natural Peanut Butter, then Water
3) Mix well, will be clumpy and take awhile (trust me when it says mix well and it will take a while...use something sturdy to mix)

Line 8x8 glass pan with aluminum foil, then use your hands to pack the mix into the pan.

Optional:
Spread a light layer of almond butter over the top
Sprinkle ground pecans over the top of the almond butter

Place into the freezer for 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment