We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Hawaiian Meatballs



With all the different things that I choose to be involved in, many include events that end up being potlucks. I don't always have time to hang out at home and create something magnificent. I also am not the type of person who is okay with stopping by the store and picking up something from the deli (not that there is anything wrong with that!) I try to have things on hand in the cupboards or freezer that I can throw together to create something yummy.

Tonight I had a "coffee" for our unit and it was potluck so I threw ingredients together for Hawaiian Meatballs. I got lots of compliments on them.

Hawaiian Meatballs
1 can (20 oz) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 package (32 oz) frozen, fully cooked homestyle meatballs
2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, drained
Hot cooked rice, optional

1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups.

2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in the pineapple uice mixture until smooth. Stir in vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

3. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the meatballs, peppers and pineapple chunks. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through and peppers are tender, adding cherries during last 30 minutes of cooking. Serve with rice if desired.

1 comment: