We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Taco Soup (CrockPot)

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg hidden valley ranch mix
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans black beans
2 cans corn
1 can Rotel
1 large can diced tomatoes

Brown meat, drain, place in crockpot
sprinkle seasonings on meat
drain and rinse all the cans of beans, place in crockpot
add corn (do not drain)
add Rotel and tomatoes

Mix together and heat on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Really the longer the better.

Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.

My kids eat it with both tortilla chips and cornbread.

I actually triple this recipe because my kids love it so much and we hardly ever have leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. We love taco soup at our house. Well, Nick and I love it.. Alex, not so much. It's one of Nick's favorites. I made it for him the first night he was home on R&R last deployment and the night before he left. I usually make it with cornbread.

    ReplyDelete