We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Brownie Pudding Cake

On our family blog I participate in a weekly fill-in with other Military Spouses. It's a series of questions that we answer and one of the questions this week was "what is your favorite chocolate dessert?". This is probably my favorite dessert. It comes from Pampered Chef's Delightful Desserts cookbook. It's always a hit whenever I make it. We serve it warm with ice cream. I have yet to have anyone ever be disappointed!
Brownie Pudding Cake

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 3/4 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add milk, melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla; stir until smooth. Stir in chocolate morsels. Spread evenly in 9x12 pan.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa; gradually stir in boiling water and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully pour mixture evenly over batter in pan.

3. Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Spoon into dessert dishes and serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment