We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap (Powder)

I have posted previously the recipe we use for our laundry detergent. We are fortunate to have space to keep a 5 gallon bucket but for many that discourages them from trying the recipe. I have a friend here at FLW who uses this recipe and likes it a lot.

Homemade Laundry Soap

1 Bar - Fels Naptha soap -

1c Borax -

1c Washing Soda -

1/4 c oxy clean - optional

Grate the bar and mix everything up. Use 1 Tbsp for light loads and 2 Tbsp for heavy

Cost $2 per batch and 5 cents per load - Tide costs 30 cents a load.

Can use in HE and front loading washing machines

No comments:

Post a Comment