We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Buttermilk Waffles

Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner or breakfast for breakfast or breakfast anytime?? Tonight we had breakfast for dinner and we served up some homemade waffles. This recipe comes out of one of my Betty Crocker cookbooks (1970's edition).

I forgot the flour in the picture but I assure you that you need flour to make this recipe.

Buttermilk Waffles

2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups all purpose flour (you can use wheat flour but I don't like the nuttiness of wheat flour in my waffles)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp shortening
1 tsp vanilla

Heat waffle iron.

My mom gave me this waffle iron back when Kevin & I first got married...so over 15 years ago. I have no idea how long she had it before she gave it to us...it's very loved and still works great!

Beat eggs; beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.

See, there is the flour that was not in the ingredient picture!

Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until the waffle maker indicates it the waffle is cooked through. Remove waffle carefully.


Serve with butter & syrup or whatever else you like. Tonight at dinner I watched my boys put peanut butter, applesauce, blueberry syrup, pecan syrup and who knows what else on their waffles.

We had our waffles with bacon (I baked it while I was making the waffles and messing around on twitter!)

ENJOY!

Buttermilk Waffles

2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp shortening

Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs; beat in remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until the waffle maker indicates it the waffle is cooked through. Remove waffle carefully. Serve with butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment