We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Tip: Baking Bacon

You don't have to turn it or deal with spatters.

First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with sides with heavy-duty foil. Arrange the bacon on the pan, side-by side, being sure not to overlap the pieces.

Bake the bacon for 10-17 minutes for thin-cut, or until desired doneness (is that a word?). Carefully remove from the oven, drain on paper towels, and use.

*You can also do this on a broiler pan (which is one of the few kitchen items I don't happen to own) and let the pan catch the grease itself.

Others have said using an oven-safe cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet works well too.

**For an added yummiliciousness (yeah I totally made that up) brush some maple syrup on bacon before baking...sooooooooooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment