We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Armed Forces Day: Patriotic Drink

Today is Armed Forces Day. Check out my family blog if you want to know the history behind it.

We decided to have a patriotic drink to celebrate! I found this in a Family Fun magazine years ago.


You'll need:

Cranberry juice
Blue Gatorade
Lemon-lime soda
Ice

  1. Fill a clear glass with ice cubes. Pour the drink with the most sugar (check the nutrition label) into the glass. For our red, white, and blue recipe, start with the cranberry juice.
  2. Very slowly add a beverage that contains less sugar -- in this case, Frost Glacier Freeze flavor Gatorade. Be careful to pour it onto an ice cube -- not directly into the other drink -- to keep them from mixing.

  3. Use the same technique to add a layer of lemon-lime soda (many people use Diet for this but I can't stand the taste of diet and the regular works just as well).

Enjoy and be sure to toast our amazing men and women who serve our nation willingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment