We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cake Mix Cookies

(White Cake Mix with Sprinkles)

I first heard of Cake Mix Cookies back when Daniel was a baby and we were on WIC. Each month they would give out recipe cards and this was one of them, I still have it in my recipe box. These cookies are so easy and so yummy. They even have them in the Bear Scout book as a recipe for the boy to make. These cookies come out so soft, chewy and so good. Whenever we take them anywhere, they are always a hit with few crumbs left behind.

You can use whatever kind of cake mix and add-ins you like. Some of our favorite combinations are Devil's Food with mint chips, White Cake with sprinkles, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting, Chocolate with toffee chips. Oh yeah, the possibilities are endless!

Cake Mix Cookies

1 package of cake mix (any flavor)
1 large egg
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water
1 cup of chopped nuts, raisins, oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chips, M&M'S® etc. (anything you like in cookies)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredient(s).

Drop by teaspoon about 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes or until done.

My oldest son made Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies tonight

My youngest was the taste tester

The thumbs up!!

This one is about to go in my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment