We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Punch Bowl Cake

I first had this cake over 14 years ago. It was my first Christmas in the Army and my first away from home so I was kind of sad. One of the girls in my section (JC) invited Kevin and I over to her house for Christmas dinner. She had this cake in an actual punch bowl (hence the name) and I was hooked! We've been making it ever since and it is SO simple!

You start by baking a yellow cake according to the box (or your own recipe if you are so inclined!). When cooled down a bit, throw pieces of cake into the bottom of a large bowl. (I don't use a punch bowl, I use my large Tupperware Thatsa Bowl (how is that for a shout out, haha).

Next add one large box of already made Instant Vanilla Pudding (bear with me, I'm a horrible recipe writer, haha...make this while your cake is baking so it will be set, but even if you forget, it's okay, it only takes instant pudding 5 minutes to set)

Next add one small can of crushed pineapple, drained.
Add one can of Cherry Pie filling
Spread softened Cool Whip on top.
You can sprinkle sliced maraschino cherries and chopped walnuts on top to garnish but I rarely do, we don't appreciate all that, so I don't bother.

What I love about this is you can change it up. I've made it with Devil's Food Cake, chocolate pudding and strawberries. You can use whatever makes you happy!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment