We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Neil's Saucepan Spaghetti

All three of my boys love to be in the kitchen but I think Neil is the real budding chef. He is always wanting to help out to feed our family.

This is one of his meals he enjoys making for our family.

Saucepan Spaghetti
Better Homes and Garden New Junior Cookbook 1989 Edition

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
2 1/2 cups water
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried basic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 oz Spaghetti

Grated Parmesan Cheese

1. Brown meat, drain when finished.
2. In 3 quart saucepan add meat, water, tomato sauce, onion, oregano, basil, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Turn burner on high and let mixture bubble. When bubbly break the spaghetti in half, add to saucepan. Turn the burner to low and let simmer about 30 minutes. Stir the spaghetti often.
3. When spaghetti is done, serve with Parmesan cheese and garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment