We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip & Bacon Cookies

I know, it sounds crazy and I'm not going to lie, I didn't eat them. My husband however really likes them! He watches a little too much Food Network I think. That combined with high school buddies who think it's awesome to come up with unique ways to eat pork products leaves for trying out interesting recipes.

He has thought about this for years and I've had the recipe printed for a while. I pulled it off a random website that seems to no longer exist. There are lots of other variations out there, but this is what we made today.

Chocolate Chip & Bacon Cookies
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (sometimes I like using almond extract)
  • 1 1/8 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (you can use any type but using dark offers a nice tasty blend)
  • 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (don't use thick bacon, make sure you crisp it (even crispier than what mine looks like and pat as much grease off as you can)

Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Stir in the chocolate and bacon. Scoop dough onto a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. okay, so seriously, I saw the picture on Facebook and I had to come check this out. But you didn't eat them? You didn't even try them? I don't know if I can try making them without your input. lol. I guess I'll ask my husband if he wants some. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat a lot of the food I make, lol. I'm just weird like that. I enjoy cooking but I'm a pretty picky eater. I don't deny my family because I don't like things. I depend on my boys a lot for tasting, that and friends.

    ReplyDelete