We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Snack Tip: Frozen Grapes

Due to rain in our area, ants have decided our kitchen was where they would go to stay dry. Pest Control finally came today and sprayed so I will be back in the kitchen whipping up some yummy goodness.

But here's a simple snacking tip.

My kids love fruit! When I find grapes at a great price, I usually stock up. As much as my boys love fruit, sometimes they just can't eat grapes fast enough so I wash and pull all the grapes off the stems and freeze them. They are a great snack for the kids.

My 14 year old just told me that he shared that idea with some of his friends and they looked at him like he was crazy.

So I'll just tell you like he told them. TRY IT!

3 comments:

  1. we've been eating those for years I LOVE THEM! I'm glad to know someone else does it too and doesn't think it's weird :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls ove fruit a lot too, so I buy lots of different fuit when I shop for variety, and the grapes go bad so quickly. I am absolutely going to try freezing them! Do you know how long grapes last in the freezer? It would be great to freeze a bunch before they go out of season and there is only imported expensive grapes, if they last a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, they can actually last quite a while, ours don't last long so we usually just rinse and throw in a large baggie.

    But if you know you are going to keep them frozen for a while, rinse and make sure you dry them well. Then put in smaller baggies, getting rid of as much air as you can.

    ReplyDelete