We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

Again, I know recipes like this aren't food but saving money is yummy and I just wanted to share this simple and inexpensive recipe for Dishwasher Detergent.

I had made a recipe previously and didn't like the white film it left on my utensils and bowls. I was hesitant to try another homemade recipe. Well let me tell you I am glad I did. This worked fabulous! I tried it out on some way yucky dishes and they came out sparkly clean!! The greatest thing about this recipe for me personally was that I already had everything that it called for so it really didn't cost me anything at all.

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

1 cup of borax - Found this in the laundry isle at the commissary top shelf. I use this in the laundry soap too.

1 cup of baking soda

¼ cup of table salt

2 packets (half an ounce) of unsweetened lemon Kool-Aid

Use 1 Tbsp in each load.

No comments:

Post a Comment