We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cauliflower Fritters


I had a head of cauliflower to use up and while I could have just chopped it and served it to my kids as is with some ranch, I decided to experiment and hit up my search engine. I found a recipe at this site.

I gotta say it was quite delicious!

Cauliflower Fritters
  • 4 cups steamed cauliflower (roughly chopped)
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano
  • 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil

In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.

On medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of oil in a 10 inch skillet coating bottom of the pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time. Cook until golden brown, turn and cook another few minutes. Add a little more oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining batter.

Makes 24 fritters.


It would seem this was a weight watcher recipe but my kids aren't on weight watchers and they like dipping their food. We tried these fritters with different sauces and decided this one I just threw together was our favorite!

5 oz cream cheese
Ranch powder mix to taste
1 Tablespoon mayo
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper (or however much you want according to how much heat you like).

Mix it all together!

1 comment:

  1. Yummm!! That will be one that I have to try. We love cauliflower any old way and this sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete