We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chipolte Chicken Drumsticks/Drummettes



Not sure why blogger insists on rotating my picture.


My sweet 10 year old was flipping through some of my cookbooks and came across this recipe for chicken. All my boys like a little spice in their food and I think he thought this would be spicy. Chipolte Peppers are not spicy in the heat department but offer a wonderful smoky flavor. He was a little disappointed these didn't have much heat but enjoyed them overall. I'm not sure what was wrong with my reading skills because for some reason I thought it said drumsticks so that's what I bought. They still had a wonderful flavor, they probably just didn't have as much sauce pooling around them. We'll definitely be making these again.
Please ignore my applesauce that is in this pic, I did not put applesauce in the recipe...but it was a busy day in the kitchen!

Chipolte Chicken Drumsticks/Drummettes

2 (16 oz) pkg chicken wing drummettes (I used a large pack of drumsticks that had 14 in it)
3/4 cup chili sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons chopped chipolte chiles in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
2 garlic gloves, minced

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange chicken in single layer on sheet.

In small microwave-safe bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved, stirring once halfway through cooking. Pour sauce over drummettes to cover.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until chicken are glazed, fork tender and no longer pink next to bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment