We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Basic Spaghetti Sauce

Back in May, I posted about doing a Freezer Meal class and my intention was to share the recipes I put in my little handout...I think I may have shared one or two but wanted to share a few more.

Basic Spaghetti Sauce

A great spaghetti sauce for once a month cookers. Can be used for pasta dishes and sauce.

1/2 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot)
1/2 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
3 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes or plain crushed tomatoes in puree
2 cups water
4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
4 bay leaves
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons salt

In pot, brown ground beef and sausage with onions until completely brown. Drain fat.

Add remaining ingredients, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, loosely cover and simmer for two hours, making sure to stire occasionally.

Allow to cool completely, then package in Ziplocs or plastic containers in serving sizes.

To use: thaw in refrigerator or defrost in microwave, then heat in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment