We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Cantaloupe Sherbert

We received some wonderful cantaloupe in our harvest box this week. It was nice and ripe and ready for whatever we desired to do with it. I found this simple recipe in a Taste of Home Magazine a few years ago and decided now would be a good time to try it! It turned out awesome! It was easy and so good!

Cantaloupe Sherbert
  • 1 small ripe cantaloupe
  • 2 cups cold fat-free milk, divided (I used 2% milk and it still turned out very good!)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
  • 1/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Cut cantaloupe in half; discard seeds. Scoop out pulp (there should be about 4 cups of melon).
  • Place cantaloupe and 1 cup milk in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth.
  • In a large saucepan, combine sugar and remaining milk. Sprinkle gelatin over top; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is complete dissolved.
  • Stir in the corn syrup, salt and pureed cantaloupe.
  • Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze until partially frozen, about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
  • Place cantaloupe mixture in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan. Cover and freeze until almost frozen, about 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. hi there. love your picture of cut cantaloupe. is there a charge to use it? thanks ms jones
    email: gypsydivine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete