We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eggplant Snack Sticks

You gotta love Taste of Home Recipes, I have so many that now sit in my recipe box that I constantly fall back to time and time again. This will be one of them as well. One of my issues with Eggplant is the texture. So unless I'm frying it, I have a hard time eating it. This recipe got it just crispy enough and kept the natural flavor of it balanced out enough for me to enjoy it!


Eggplant Snack Sticks
  • 1 medium eggplant (1-1/4 pounds)
  • 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 egg, beaten

I used the long skinny Eggplant (Asian)

Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices, then cut each slice lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips.
In a shallow dish, combine the wheat germ, cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.Dip eggplant sticks in egg, then coat with wheat germ mixture.
  • Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
  • Spritz eggplant with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven. Turn sticks and spritz with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve immediately with marinara or spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment