We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Honey Goat Cheese Dressing

Last week I got some beautiful goat cheese from a vendor at our Farmer's Market and wanted to do something different with it. I also had some wonderful local honey that my friend gave me and I came across this recipe at SkinnyTaste.com (and a few other recipes that I'll be sure to try!)

We enjoyed this on a fresh garden salad, my husband loved it. You'll see my goat cheese has black on it, the vendor puts a thin layer on her cheese to help keep it fresh, it doesn't mess with the flavor at all. I'll definitely be making this again!


Honey Goat Cheese Dressing

  • 4 oz fresh creamy goat cheese, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1 tbsp water
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a small blender, combine goat cheese, honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, water and season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Mix until fully combined and creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment