We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baked Teriyaki Chicken


This is a very versatile recipe. You can use the sauce on pretty much anything, beef, pork, jerky, whatever.


Baked Teriyaki Chicken
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon cold water
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce (I usually use low-sodium, just to cut the saltiness)
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I keep fresh ginger in my freezer so I already have it on hand and grate it into the sauce)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 12 skinless chicken thighs (if you don't like thigh meat you can use whatever makes you happy. I use it on chicken tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken breasts).

Directions

  1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. (You may need to adjust your temperature based on what you are baking. For smaller pieces of chicken like the tenderloins I'm using tonight, I use 325, when I bake thighs, I use a slightly higher temperature like 350 or 375).
  3. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish (for easy cleanup, I recommend lining your pan with foil). Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking. (Sometimes I just pour it all over and just let it bake, no basting)

No comments:

Post a Comment