We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Poptarts

My kids beg for these...really, they love them that much!

Well this morning I went to the fridge for a drink and I saw all these jars of jams/jellies. It made me crazy. Yes, we love jam and jelly as you can see but I can only take so many open at the time. So I pulled them out and decided it would be a good morning to make poptarts for the boys. This is super easy!

Homemade Poptarts
2 pie crusts (the refrigerated kind from the store work great or if you are that good, make your own...I personally dislike making pie crust)
Different kinds of jam/jelly/preserves (make sure your jelly isn't too runny, otherwise you'll have a mess)
Egg (for egg wash)
Sugar (I use raw sugar, I'm sure regular sugar would work great too)

We don't frost ours, they are that good without it, but if you wanted to, just mix up some powdered sugar and milk and make a glaze.

Lay out the pie crust and cut it in fours,then you’ll have to cut off some of the edges to make them square. (I combine the extra pieces and reroll to make more, see how resourceful I am, haha)

Place a spoonful of jam/jelly/preserves on one side.

Wet your finger and run it along the sides of the dough, it helps it stay closed. Press down the edges with a fork.

Then egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.

Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment