We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Cucumber, Onion & Tomato Salad

We love our local Farmer's Market here. It's not huge but it gives us most of what we need. The owner of the market here has started weekly Harvest Boxes that will include various items that she either gets from her own garden or purchases from other local gardeners/farmers. You can check out her facebook page if you are in our area. My goal is to share recipes using the items I get in my various boxes throughout the weeks.

This week I am using the cucumbers, onion and tomatoes from my box and making this simple salad for my husband. He's already tried it and enjoys it!

Cucumber, Onion, Tomato Salad

3-4 medium tomatoes diced or sliced the way you want them

2 medium cucumbers, peeled & sliced

1 onion, sliced and separated into rings

2 Tbsp. white vinegar (if you want your salad a bit tangier, use apple cider vinegar)

1/4 c. olive oil (or you can use whatever kind of oil you would like)

2 Tbsp. sugar

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. black pepper

2 tsp. minced fresh parsley. (dry parsley is fine too)

Set aside your cut up tomatoes, cucumbers & onions.

In a bowl or mason jar (at least a gallon size for this recipe), pour in the remaining ingredients and mix or shake.

Add your tomatoes, cumbers, and onions and toss until everything is combined.

Marinate for a while. This tastes good once it’s done but the longer it marinates, the more the flavors blend. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I made this same salad this week. I like more vinegar than oil so I poured lots of vinegar in. It's delicious and so summery!!

    ReplyDelete