We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Simple Crepes

Crepes
  • 2-½ cups Milk (heated for about 45 seconds in the microwave)
  • 3 whole Eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
  • ½ teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1-¼ cup Flour

Combine all ingredients together in a bowl until the mixture is well combined. It is supposed to be thin and runny.

On medium heat, heat your frying pan or if you are fancy enough to own a crêpe pan (personally I use my paella pan) and melt in some butter (Pam cooking spray works fine too, I just like the butter flavor). Using a ladle works the best to pour your batter into the pan. You can twist your pan to help spread it or use your ladle to spread it out.

Keep in mind that crêpes are meant to be thin, if it is too thick, it will not cook properly.

When the edges start to brown, it is time to flip. This will take 3-4 minutes. Flip the crêpe. The other side should take about 2 minutes.

You can have so much fun with filling your crepes. We like to use jelly/jams and topping them with whipped cream and sliced fruit.

You can leave out the sugar and add different seasonings for savory crêpes and then fill them with vegetables or the different flavored cream cheeses.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment