We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Dinner Rolls

We love bread in our home...these rolls are so easy to make when you use your bread machine to make your dough. I love my bread machine, we've had it for over 13 years and it just makes me happy!

Dinner Rolls

1 Egg, room temperature plus 1 1/2 cups + 2 TBL water [80 degrees F] (put egg in measuring cup first and fill with water slowly until it meets measurement listed above)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar ( you can substitute 1/4 cup honey if you desire)
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/4 cup bread flour
2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast (or 3/1 tsp active dry yeast or 2 1/2 tsp quick rise yeast)

Remove the bread pan from the bread maker. Make sure the kneading blade is on the shaft (you may snicker but I have had to dump out ingredients to put it in, just trying to help you all out!). Make sure all ingredients (except water) are at room temperature.

Place whole, uncracked egg in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes to bring to room temperature. To measure egg plus enough liquid to equal - after warming eggs, remove from shell and place in liquid measuring cup, slowly add warm (80 degree F) liquid until it reaches desired measurement.

Add oil, sugar and salt. Add flour, smoothing it out and tapping bread pan to settle dry ingredients.

I usually make a little well for my yeast in the center. Add yeast.


Place bread pan in bread machine. Select Dough setting and press start.At the beep, check your dough, it should be tacky to the touch. Remove from bread pan carefully onto a floured surface. Divide into pieces and shape (I just roll them into balls as you can see. They aren't the prettiest but they still taste quite yummy). Place in greased baking pan.

Cover and let rise in a warm place for an hour or until double in size. (If you live in an area that makes it hard for your dough to rise, try setting your oven at 250 degrees for 5 minutes then turning it off and setting your pan in oven to let dough rise).

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

These are so soft inside! My family LOVES these rolls. We eat them hot with butter or apple butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment