We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball



This was a recipe that was quite famous when I was a part of the Enlisted Spouses Club back at Fort Knox. I think it graced the food table at every potluck we had. It was certainly a favorite. One of the members, Shannon brought it and shared the recipe with all of us. It's been a while since I've made it but decided to make it for our Scouts tonight. And since I'm making it for little boys, I decided to not roll it in a ball or add pecans. I just used my mini cookie scoop and put them in cups with the graham crackers and called it Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip!

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
Graham Crackers

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugars and beat until mixed. By hand, fold in chocolate chips. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Place on a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Roll ball into pecans. Chill until served.

Serve with graham crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment