We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quick & Easy Chili

I'm not a big chili fan but I have done a lot of bake sales for our Family Readiness Groups and we are always doing something with chili. I had to find a simple recipe and this is a great and easy one! I found it in my McCormick cookbook. I love it's simplicity and the fact that you use very few ingredients for a great dish. And I'm willing to eat this because it's so simple. (This chili also freezes really well which is just another bonus).

I throw mine in a crockpot but you could make it on the stove top if you wanted to.


Quick & Easy Chili

1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey

1 cup chopped onion

2 tablespoons chili powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt

1/2 teaspoon oregano

1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained (you can use whatever kind of bean you like, sometimes I use pinto beans)

1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes (if you want it to be less chunky, use crushed tomatoes and leave out the tomato sauce)

1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce

1. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain fat, if needed.

2. Stir in spices and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onion, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment