We love good food in our home. I love to cook and bake for my family. I have shared recipes and pictures of our yummy goodness on different venues. Many have suggested a blog to share the recipes.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a professional cook, photographer or writer!

I will always try to give credit for recipes. Many I have collected over the years off of TV, various websites, friends and family.

Please leave comments if you try a recipe or share variations of things I post, I always love learning new tricks of the trade.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Easy Drop Biscuits

(Someday I will own a fancy camera that will take better food pictures than my point and shoot digital camera)


I admit I used to be a big Bisquick biscuit fan. I used to think it was just the easiest way to go when it came to making drop biscuits. Then I came across this recipe from Chef John Besh and I haven't looked back. These are very simple to make and so tasty. I whipped these biscuits up last night to make biscuits and gravy for dinner last night. Then I popped a couple of the leftover biscuits in the oven this morning and has a wonderful breakfast of biscuits with homemade apple butter. These are perfect for strawberry shortcakes (just add a little more sugar to sweeten it up a bit).

Easy Drop Biscuits
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
5 tablespoons cold butter
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large mixing bowl. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut the butter into the mixture. Slowly stir in the milk and mix gently until the dough comes together.

Drop the dough onto a baking sheet by spoon fulls to make 12 biscuits. Leave enough space between each biscuit for them to expand. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment